Terms and Conditions
Rules and Regulations of the WCGC – England
Any company hosting a Corporate Golf day with 12 or more participants is eligible to register their day into the World Corporate Golf Challenge – England.
It is expected that the Corporate Day will take place in England, but companies can still register and participate if they are an English based business that has its golf day outside of England. Each registered corporate day can send forwards to a regional final the top two scoring golfers that meet the qualifying criteria.
Only companies that have registered and paid the registration fee can participate in the challenge.
Conditions for Qualifying for Regional Finals and Beyond
- All qualifiers must be of amateur status and in order to progress to a regional final, and must be able to provide evidence of their current official handicap. The WCGC England reserves the right to verify golfers' handicaps with their respective clubs.
- The maximum handicap allowed for men is 28 and 36 for ladies.
- Qualifiers must reside in the UK or the Channel Islands, and be over 18 years of age
- In the event of a tie in any of the regional finals the pair with the best score on the last nine holes as shown on the card will be declared the winners. In the event of a further tie, the last six and then the last three holes will apply. In the event of an identical score throughout the whole round, the places will be decided by gross scores.
- The Regional Finals will be played over 18 holes as a pair's competition using the Betterball format. The English will be played over 18 holes as a pair's competition using the Betterball format. The WCGC Events Team will notify qualifiers of their allocated Regional Final. Every effort will be made to ensure players qualify for their nearest Regional Final, however this cannot be guaranteed.
- Regional Finalists will be responsible for their own travelling expenses to and from the regional final venue.
- The top placed pair at the regional final will qualify for the England Final at the Belfry on 12th October 2020. The pair that qualify should represent their host company and there should be no substitutions.
- English Final qualifiers will be responsible for their own travelling expense to The Belfry.
- The winners of the English Final will be the pair with the highest Betterball points.
- The top placed pair at the English Final will represent their host company and England at the world final and there should be no substitutions.
- Caddies will not be permitted at Regional Finals or the English Final.
- Electric buggies at Regional and English Final level will only be permitted upon evidence of a valid medical certificate.
- All general rules, as published by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews will apply as interpreted by the Event Manager.
- Approved by the R&A (Ruling body of Golf) for the payment of expenses – Rule 4-2g RA/12/2019.
- In all matches, the tournament referee’s decision is final.
- In the event of inclement weather conditions or at the discretion of the tournament referee, prizes may be awarded on scores recorded at the lowest number of holes completed at the time of stoppage.
- The pair that qualify for the WCGC World Final will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the World Final. They will need to have a valid passport and be permitted to fly to the country hosting the World Final.
- No cash alternative will be awarded in place of participation in the World Final.